This Position and Displacement Simulation interactive also includes:
How can we use vectors to determine a person's position when traveling? The simulation offers guided practice at determining the coordinates and the distance between coordinates on a map grid. It reinforces the importance of positive versus negative movement and vector addition.
- Connect the simulation to maps, grids, and latitude/longitude
- Participants need a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of a grid-and-coordinate system
- Scholars must type in the correct answers as they progress through the simulation in order to continue
- Connects science and math for a great cross-curricular activity