This Post-Impressionism: Pointillism lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How can little dots in two colors make a third color? Experiment with pointillism and color mixing with a series of activities. After viewing paintings by Seurat and watching a teacher demonstration, pupils create samples of three different secondary colors. They then fill in a pattern using the same technique.
- Does not include paintings by Seurat, so you'll need to find your own examples online or in a book
- The plan references pattern worksheets for students to practice on, which are not included; however, pupils can easily create original pieces or use pages from a coloring or stencil book
- Each step of the process is paired with a color image
- Provides the opportunity for practice and mastery of pointillism