This Potential vs. Kinetic Energy lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Legos in science class? Watch your pupils fall in love with this activity. After learning to measure potential and kinetic energy, young scientists create their own ramps using Lego Mindstorm sensors and software.
140 Views 94 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- After introducing, encourage students to come up with other designs on their own time
- Assign different challenges: group to get the KE closest to equaling PE, group to get the KE furthest from PE, group with tallest structure, group with longest structure, etc.
- Requires Lego Mindstorm Kit and software
- Presumes class members have knowledge in measurement, basic algebra, experience with Lego Mindstorm, and use of Mindstorm software
- Rearrange desks to make room for building projects
- Engaging and memorable lab experiment
- Many extension opportunities
- Formatting issues throughout, but does not impact content