This Powers of Ten lesson plan also includes:
Investigate negative exponents of-ten. Pupils use the pattern of increasing powers of 10 to determine negative powers of 10. The scholars write the powers in expanded and product forms and make the connection to exponents using a calculator.
14 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Make the connection of powers of 10 to place value
- Use the resource right before introducing scientific notation
- The class should be familiar with whole number exponents
- Contains suggestions for differentiation
- Uses a journal prompt to aid in assessment