This Practice Test English Language Arts: Grade 7 assessment also includes:
Practice makes perfect. A practice test designed for the ELA MCAS Assessment gives seventh grade learners the opportunity to answer reading comprehension questions and respond to essay prompts. Questions involve general fiction and historical nonfiction texts.
- Go over question formatting, pointing out bold words and other key terms
- Model how to outline and write an essay like those included in the practice test
- Instead of printing out answer sheets, record responses on regular sheets of paper
- Includes questions that require readers to compare and contrast two texts on the same topic
- Offers graphic organizers and computer-based testing to accommodate different learning styles and classroom formats
- Lacks a rubric or sample responses to help assess responses to essay prompts