You can use praseodymium in welding goggles, jewelry-making, and to stain glass. Learn more about a beautiful element as you enjoy and episode from a larger series on each of the chemical elements. It shares some of the properties and unique features of this rare earth metal.
- Teach about the new discoveries since this video
- Discuss the geographical connections of this element, including its discovery in one country, first isolation in another, and the fact that its name based on the Greek language
- Relies on prior knowledge of rare earth metals
- Requires very little class time
- Provides closed captioning in English and Portuguese for English learners