The theme of President William Jefferson Clinton's 1993 inaugural speech was renewal. Focusing on change for the future and peaceful diplomacy, the 42nd president of the United States addresses a hopeful nation nearing the turn of the century.
1 Collection 3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide the speech as an example of voice fluctuation and word choice in a forensics group or language arts class
- Encourage learners to analyze Clinton's promises in the context of the 1990s
- Main video angle is shaky, which might be distracting to some
- Note that the comment section is open to the public and contains political discourse
- Audio is clear and easy to understand
- Offers a link to the C-SPAN archives