Soon after the world entered the 21st century, George Walker Bush was sworn in as the 43rd president of the United States. With days of inspiration, terrorism, and cooperation ahead of him, President Bush addresses the country with a pledge of strength and promises for opportunity.
- Use in a study of the early 21st century, or when focusing on rhetorical devices in historical speeches
- Encourage learners to put the speech into context, including domestic, foreign, and fiscal policies, with an in-depth research report
- Keep in mind that the comments section is open to the public, and is full of opinions about the 2000 election
- The video is the final part of the playlist, which was compiled in 2005; you can find subsequent inaugural addresses in the C-SPAN archives
- Video quality is clear, and audio is easy to understand
- Information section includes a link to the C-SPAN archives