Richard Nixon, newly sworn in as the 37th president of the United States, reflects on the decades between his January 20, 1969 inaugural address and the beginning of the next millennium. Emphasizing the American dream, peace versus war, and the importance of preparing our children and ourselves for the people, President Nixon inspires a nation to work together for the good of all.
- Pair the video with Nixon's resignation speech, or with the events that occurred during Watergate
- Encourage learners to focus on the themes of the inaugural address, comparing and contrasting them to previous presidents
- Note that President Gerald Ford's Inaugural Ceremony is not included in the playlist; you can find a video of the ceremony in the C-SPAN archives or on YouTube
- The comment section is open to the public, and is full of opinions on Nixon's presidency and subsequent resignation
- The video is over 17 minutes long
- Audio quality is clear
- Provides the inaugural address in its entirety