This Presidential Candidate Firsts lesson plan also includes:
Hilary Clinton may have been the first woman to run for president on a major party ticket, but she was only one example of an historic candidacy. Class members use video clips curated from C-SPAN to examine historical firsts in presidential elections, such as the first Catholic president and the oldest candidate. Additional ideas for extension include options to connect research to the 2020 election cycle.
- Use a chart to research presidential candidacy firsts
- Integrate video clips into study of presidential campaigns
- All learners need access to a viewing device
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Lesson is easily adaptable to teaching about current elections
- Videos are engaging for class members to watch and use for research