This Presidential Elections and the Electoral College lesson plan also includes:
To understand the controversy surrounding the US 2000 presidential election, class members investigate the rationale behind the Electoral Collage, the intimidation involved in the election of 1876, and the 2004 American League Championship Series.
- Substitute a large, local newspaper as the source for current news articles and editorials
- Several of the primary sources are extremely difficult to read and would need to be reformatted
- The lesson presumes class members have prior knowledge of the Civil Rights Act of 1866 and Jim Crow laws
- The 2004 American League Championship Series serves as an engaging introduction to the lesson
- A great collection of primary source documents
- While the various portions of the lesson are interesting, little scaffolding is provided for some learners to make the connections among the various elements