A straw is a simple thing ... with a much more complex explanation. Discover the molecular interactions that create pressure through a video from JFR Science. The resource demonstrates pressure in a variety of ways, then explains how and why it changes.
- Have pupils create their own explanations for the phenomenon, then compare them to the video
- Explore how scuba divers use partial pressures with activities from PBS Learning Media
- Make sure learners are familiar with how to measure pressure and the units involved
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The narrator is very engaging and provides clear explanations
- Examples of common objects and terms help make the content student-friendly