This Primary Source Worksheet: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Excerpts from Fireside Chat on Economic Conditions worksheet also includes:
Franklin D. Roosevelt's April 14, 1938 Fireside Chat on economic conditions provides young historians an opportunity to polish their primary source comprehension skills. A great resource to add to you curriculum library.
2 Collections 32 Views 26 Downloads
- Begin with a mini-lesson on rhetorical devices, and after a careful study of the chat and the rhetorical devices Roosevelt uses, play the YouTube recording of the speech
- Collect the entire set of worksheets and use periodically as skill-building exercises
- Sort the worksheets by subject and incorporate into appropriate units
- The worksheet contains both questions that encourage close reading and a list of suggested activities
- Activities include using an online site to identify the most frequently used words in the speech