It can be frustrating for a child and teacher alike when a problem behavior arises over and over in a classroom. Analyze when, where, and why the behavior is occurring with a questionnaire, in which educators mark the percent of the time the child exhibits the behavior in specific instances.
- Have multiple teachers, aides, specialists, or other professionals who see the child in different contexts fill out the questionnaire based on their perspectives
- Bring the resource to a parent conference or IEP meeting
- Include the child in a discussion about the behavior, and let him or her help in creating a classroom behavior plan
- Allows educators to focus on one behavior issue, which could be more effective in a behavior management plan
- Includes a sample questionnaire for reference
- Analysis tool at the bottom of the resource is an extremely helpful way to assess the behavior and to find ways to manage it