This Problem Solvers: English Language Development Lessons (Theme 4) unit plan also includes:
How can you teach a text to a group of readers who struggling with the language? The second in a set of three ESL lessons related to Theme 4: Problem Solvers engages English language learners by introducing vocabulary and grammar concepts in the context of short texts. Step-by-step instructions and clear objections make it easy to implement the activities.
- Bring in examples from other texts or worksheets to help expand the language concepts you are teaching
- Add key vocabulary words from each day to a word wall to help aid in retention
- Many practice opportunities suggest working as partners or in groups of three to five individuals
- Includes a thorough overview of activities, including suggested questions and prompts
- Has charts to scaffold learning for different levels of English language learners
- Lacks worksheets and other printables to use for independent practice