Find the derivative of a complex function involving two factors. The video presents a function involving the product of two complex binomials. Using the product rule, the presenter highlights the two factors and their representations within the rule. The fifth video in a 31-part series continues to simplify the derivative after applying the product rule.
- Have pupils use colored pencils to highlight the factors and their associated derivatives
- Conduct a short review of the power rule
- Class members should know the properties of negative exponents
- Writes the product rule and references it throughout the video
- Shows all the calculations in the simplification process