Introduce your language arts class to their new favorite song with a video about pronouns. Hip, informative, and very catchy, the song demonstrates several different ways to replace nouns with pronouns.
38 Views 34 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Show before your lesson on pronouns, or assign for homework the day before to set up a flipped classroom activity
- Have learners jot down the pronouns listed in the song in a language arts journal, and use the pronouns in sentences or a story
- The video might move a little fast for beginning readers or English learners; encourage multiple viewings to reinforce the concept
- The song is fun to sing, and learners will internalize the main message very easily
- Lists many different types of pronouns, including possessive pronouns, indefinite pronouns, and plural pronouns