This Proofs Of The Pythagorean Theorem? worksheet also includes:
Even U.S. President James Garfield had his own proof of the Pythagorean Theorem! Pupils consider three different attempts at a geometric proof of the Pythagorean Theorem. They then select the best proof and write paragraphs detailing their reasoning.
- Have students select their choice of proof and then partner up to discuss their choice
- Prepare cutouts and have learners assemble the proof
- Class members must already be familiar with the Pythagorean Theorem, as this is not an introductory activity
- Resource includes rubric and examples of work
- Activity provides an opportunity to incorporate writing in the math classroom