This Properties of Mixtures vs. Solutions: Mix It Up! lesson plan also includes:
Now it becomes crystal clear why the unit is called Mixtures and Solutions. The fifth installment of a six-part unit explores mixtures and solutions. After viewing a demonstration on mixing pebbles with water, salt with water, and vegetable oil with water, class members develop definitions of mixtures and solutions, as well as solutes and solvents.
- Have learners create a graphic organizer comparing and contrasting mixtures and solutions
- Some materials are necessary; see resource for complete list
- There is an associated activity, Messin' with Mixtures, for the lesson
- Includes a list for relevant vocabulary, along with their descriptions
- Provides some options for pre-lesson, post-introduction, and lesson summary assessment
- Very little student involvement may hurt interest in the activity