This Properties of Multiplication lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Unlock the keys to fluent multiplication with this upper-elementary math lesson. After an introduction to the five properties of multiplication, young scholars match cards with different math problems to posters describing each property, before creating their own examples.
- Rather than having students work independently, create small groups and ask them sort the multiplication problems according to the property they represent
- Extend the lesson by having children create word problems that model each property of multiplication
- Includes a warm-up activity that activates students' prior knowledge about multiplication
- A collection of printable multiplication problems are included for use during the lesson
- Provides classroom displays that clearly define each property of multiplication