This Properties of Parallelograms lesson plan also includes:
Everyone knows that opposite sides of a parallelogram are congruent, but can you prove it? Challenge pupils to use triangle congruence to prove properties of quadrilaterals. Learners complete formal two-column proofs before moving on to provide the given and statement to prove.
- Create collaborative groups to complete the initial proofs
- If groups need a hint, advise them of the triangles that needed to be proven congruent
- Pupils should be comfortable with triangle congruence proofs before this lesson
- Review of properties of quadrilaterals may be necessary
- Focuses on an application of triangle congruence
- Instructional guidance is provided