Equivalent ratios lead to proportions. The video provides the definition of a proportion and provides examples of proportions. Using real-world examples, the resource shows how to solve for unknown quantities in proportions using the cross multiplying method.
- Conduct a lesson on why cross multiplying is a valid way to solve proportions
- The class should have a solid understanding of ratios
- It is helpful if individuals can solve one-step multiplication equations
- Highlights proportions must have the same units
- Uses graphics to show the components involved in cross multiplying