This Psychology Goes to Madison Avenue activity & project also includes:
As part of a study of well-known psychologists, class members create a name, a business logo, an advertisement for TV, online, radio, or print, and a pamphlet for the business run by one of the psychologists on a provided list. An engaging way to share the contributions and varying perspective of figures in the field of psychological science.
- Keep samples of the project to use as models for subsequent classes
- To prepare for the project, have class members collect samples of logos, advertisements, and pamphlets for local businesses
- The activity, the third in a sequence of three, aligns with the National Standards for High School Psychology Curricula
- Caution class members about using the Internet to research local psychologists
- Includes a list of requirements for the project
- No rubric is included for the project