Why Lesson Planet?
From seed to jack-o-lantern, young scholars walk step-by-step through the life cycle of pumpkins with this fun art and science activity. After first participating in a shared reading of the children's book Pumpkin, Pumpkin children color and cut out the included life cycle template, arranging the pictures in the correct order to demonstrate their knowledge of these popular plants.
- Add this lesson to a unit of pumpkin-themed activities to teach during the fall months
- Have children glue an actual pumpkin seed onto the picture of a seed to reinforce their learning and further engage them in the activity
- This activity is meant to accompany a reading of the children's book Pumpkin, Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington, which can be found in your school or local library
- Printable materials include both pictures and words that describe each stage in the life of a pumpkin
- Lesson offers suggestions for extending children's learning about pumpkins
- Graphics & Images