This Putting the Law of Cosines and the Law of Sines to Use assessment also includes:
Use the Law of Cosines and the Law of Sines to solve problems using the sums of vectors. Pupils work on several different types of real-world problems that can be modeled using triangles with three known measurements. In the process, scholars decide which method will work best to solve the problems.
- Have the class create a table on what kinds of triangles can be solved using the two different laws
- Instruct students to draw diagrams that represent the scenario in the problems
- The class should be familiar with the Law of Cosines and the Law of Sines
- The lesson is the 11th in a series of 16
- Includes answers to the problems and questions in the examples
- Provides suggestions for English learners