Pyramids: they're not just in Egypt! The segment of a large geometry playlist introduces the formulas to find the volumes and surface areas of regular pyramids. Using the formulas, the presentation works several examples to ensure your class gains a solid understanding of the concept.
- Provide a demonstration of the relationship between the volume of a prism and the volume of a pyramid with the same base
- Show how the surface area formula is derived from nets
- Assumes individuals know the Pythagorean Theorem
- Draws two-dimensional pictures to help with the visualization of lengths
- Contains a link to more pyramid resources