This Pythagorean Theorem to Determine Distance: Neighborhood Map interactive also includes:
Find the distance between various locations in a neighborhood. Scholars use the interactive to find distances between locations on a map. The map is overlaid onto a grid to provide coordinates for each location, and pupils apply distances to solve multi-step problems.
- Conduct a mini lesson to derive the distance formula from the Pythagorean Theorem
- Have individuals create problems using the points in the interactive
- The class should understand how to take square roots of numbers
- Requires an account to access, which is free to set up
- The problems scaffold from having one point at the origin to having no points at the origin
- Provides hints on how to solve problems