This Quadratic Functions and Their Graphs: Soccer Ball Trajectory interactive also includes:
Determine critical points in the flight of a soccer ball. Pupils use an interactive resource to find the vertex and x-intercepts of the graph of the trajectory of a soccer ball after being kicked. Scholars investigate the trajectory based on a light and a hard kick.
- Lead a discussion on the important point to find while graphing a quadratic function
- Take a video of a trajectory using an actual soccer ball and model the flight with a quadratic equation
- Class members should know the terms axis of symmetry and vertex
- Must set up a free account to access CK-12 interactives
- Shows the correct answer if students select the wrong one
- Includes an open discussion question that is more conceptual