This Quantifying Land Changes Over Time in Areas of Deforestation and Urbanization lesson plan also includes:
Is qualitative or quantitative research more convincing when it comes to climate change? In the eighth lesson plan during this 21-part series, scholars begin by performing a quantitative analysis of deforestation and urbanization. Then, they use the same area to perform a qualitative analysis. They wrap up the lesson plan by developing a presentation on what they learned about climate change.
- Debate the best way to use the land in order to protect the people, the current habitat, and the earth
- Requires prior knowledge of deforestation, urbanization, and how to calculate percent change
- Builds on the previous lesson in the series, so they must be completed in the correct order
- Includes many links for prerequisite knowledge, vocabulary, reading, and further learning
- Aligns to the National Science Education Standards, National Education Technology Standards, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Education Standards, Climate Literacy Principles, and Energy Literacy Principles
- Provides high-color photographs