How can light be both a particle and a wave? With characteristics of each, the idea of light can be confusing. A lesson in the Crash Course physics series introduces scholars to quantum mechanics and how scientists use it to understand light. Instruction includes the photoelectric effect and wave-particle duality.
- Use as an introduction to quantum mechanics
- Incorporate examples from the video in a lesson presentation
- Requires individual Internet access if assigning for independent viewing
- Allows learners to stop and replay the presentation, so they can watch it at their own pace
- Presenter's passion makes the video more engaging and interesting to students