This Radians: Just Another Way lesson plan also includes:
Serve up angle measurements on paper plates. Pupils use paper plates and paper-folding techniques to create a unit circle with conversions for special angles. Using their plates, learners explore the relationship between angle measurements expressed in degrees and radians.
- Demonstrate to the class how a radian relates to the length of an arc and the radius
- Individuals should be familiar with the special angles for special right triangles
- Practice the folding the paper plates prior to doing the lesson
- Includes suggestions with links for extending the lesson or providing additional assistance
- Provides a practice sheet to solidify the conversions