This Radius and Tangent – Proof video also includes:
A tangent line always finds its place at a 90-degree angle to a radius. Many scholars struggle with the proof of the seemingly simple statement. A brief video demonstrates the reasoning behind the proof before pupils practice applying it on their own.
- Have pupils write the reasoning for each of the steps presented in the proof
- Go into detail on why geometry uses some letters more often than others
- Relies on prior knowledge of circles, radius, tangent, perpendicular lines, and angles
- Includes both textbook practice problems as well as a worksheet
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes