This Rainbows of Light: The Visible Light Spectrum handout & reference also includes:
Rainbows can teach us about the visible light spectrum. Learners observe multiple items that clearly display a rainbow to develop better connections. The instructional activity then explains wavelength using a rope to make waves.
21 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Before starting the lesson, hang a poster of a rainbow in your room and don't comment on it to see if anyone notices the connection to the lesson
- Groups of three are ideal, but groups of two to four would also work
- Expects prior knowledge of how to record observations, but this could be reviewed throughout the lesson as needed
- Further resources are high quality materials from NASA
- This activity does not include any assessment or applied knowledge