This Rapid Brainstorming: How Can We Conserve Our Water Resources? lesson plan also includes:
- Fresh Solutions Unit (html)
- Fresh Solutions Unit Progression (.pdf)
- Rapid Brainstorming: How Can We Conserve Our Water Resources? (html)
- Student Worksheet
- Student Worksheet (Spanish)
- Student Worksheet (Traditional Chinese)
- How Do We Meet the Growing Need for Water?
- Join to access all included materials
Water covers around 75 percent of the earth, yet humans struggle to find enough fresh water to live. The fourth of 10 lessons focusing on Fresh Solutions requires brainstorming. Young scientists consider various problems related to fresh water conservation. Then they create a list of as many ideas as possible to address each problem.
- After the lesson, have pupils think of one idea that sounds crazy but actually worked and write about it as homework; examples include Mars rover, electric cars, hover crafts, shower radios, etc.
- Relies on prior knowledge of the second lesson in the series
- Helps practice skills that apply to many subjects and situations
- Encourages creativity and positive reinforcement