This Rational Exponents activity & project also includes:
It's rational to root for your class to learn about exponents. Scholars study rational exponents by reading a fictional dialogue between classmates. They analyze the conversation to understand the connection between rational exponents and roots.
8 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use the related mathematics tasks as part of a homework assignment
- Teacher guide indicates it's best to use the resource after the class has already learned about negative exponents
- Young mathematicians should have understanding of exponents as repeated multiplication
- Provides an explanation of how mathematical practices apply to the resource
- Includes student discussion questions