Investigate how similar and congruent figures compare. Learners understand congruent figures have congruent sides and angles, but similar figures only have congruent angles — their sides are proportional. After learning the relationships, pupils find missing measures.
- Have your classes practice congruence, similarity, and proportionality statements before finding missing sides or angles
- Expects an understanding of solving proportions
- Does not include examples for practice problems #15-16; supplement if appropriate for your classes
- Teaching congruence and similarity together highlights the similar notation
- Emphasizes vocabulary with definitions and examples