This Reading and Taking Notes on Colonial Trades lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
In the tenth instructional activity of this unit, young scholars learn to categorize information as they continue researching their colonial trade. During guided practice, the teacher models how to read informational text slowly while sorting the information into short bulleted notes. Young researchers are then given the opportunity to practice these skills as they reread text on their specific colonial trade. Finally, learners return to their expert groups to share the notes they have taken with their peers. A great resource for teaching note-taking skills to your class. Note that this instructional activity builds on the previous two lessons in the unit, though it can be adapted for other content areas as well.
- Clear learning objectives
- Differentiated to support all learners
- Adaptable to a variety of content areas
- Requires supporting materials from lesson eight in this unit