This Reading Symbols lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce your upper-elementary students to printmaking. Class members view prints, select and research symbols in a piece, and create their own sets of prints using styrofoam trays. Pupils can wash off the paint on their trays to make prints in varying colors.
- Researching the meaning of symbols in art may prove to be a complex task for elementary students; this does depend on the level of your class
- Find the images referred to in the lesson in either Artworks and Artists or See and Compare
- Comes with a glossary, extension ideas, a rubric, and more
- The styrofoam tray will work well for making prints in various colors because styrofoam is easy to wash