This Recipe for an Ecosystem worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Creating an ecosystem is as simple as baking a cake. Well, maybe not, but using a recipe analogy helps learners realize that ecosystems consist of different components that come together in unique ways. Offer this activity as an extension activity during a unit on ecosystems, to accompany a reading of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, or as a fun activity to celebrate Earth Day.
- Provides a creative outlet for learners to apply knowledge about ecosystems
- Allows students to support their ideas with illustrations
- Includes definitions and examples of key vocabulary
- Assumes prior knowledge about the relationships between living and nonliving components of an ecosystem
- Not a complete lesson, requires explicit instruction about ecosystems