This Refugees and IDPs Activities activity & project also includes:
Class members have an opportunity to consider issues faced by refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) by participating in a series of activities that illustrate some of the challenges refugees experience.
7 Views 5 Downloads
- Have high schoolers research the conditions in various camps, as well as current immigration codes for their countries
- The 2013 resource is designed for New Zealand schools, but the concepts are appropriate for any classroom
- New Zealand English is used throughout
- Americans refer to sello tape as Scotch tape
- Some may be confused by the format of the items list; in each case, individuals must choose either matches or a CD player, a football or a photo album, etc.
- The seven-page packet includes six suggestions for activities
- Some class members may feel the fun activities make light of the experiences of refugees and IDPs