This Regulation of the Lactase Gene interactive also includes:
All human infants are lactose tolerant, yet some adults are lactose intolerant—why is that? Individuals discover the process of gene mutation through a study of the lactase gene (LCT). They understand the geographic connections, eukaryotic gene pathway, and the mechanisms involved.
- Invite a doctor to class to discuss the symptoms of lactose intolerance and when it is typically diagnosed
- Create a map of various animal milks that are popular in various regions of the world
- Relies on prior understanding of evolution, genes, and DNA
- Includes videos of lectures going into more depth than the general presentation
- Provides a worksheet to help synthesize knowledge