This Relationships of Sides in 30-60-90 Right Triangles: Truck on a Mountain Road interactive also includes:
Determine the change in elevation on a mountain road. Individuals use the interactive to simulate a truck driving up a mountain road with a 30-degree incline. They determine missing sides of a 30-60 right triangle to find horizontal and vertical distances traveled by the truck.
- Give the class additional problems to work dealing with 30-60 right triangles
- Create a diagram that shows the operations used to go from one side of a 30-60 right triangle to another
- Class members should be comfortable working with radicals
- Must set up a free account to access the interactive
- Allows the text size to be able to be changed
- Includes hints for the more difficult problems