This Renewable Energy Action Project: What's in Your Energy Portfolio? lesson plan also includes:
Uncover the renewable energy potential in your region. The activity outlines an approach to research current practices and trends. Learners conduct surveys to assess the attitudes of the local population and prepare a paper summarizing their findings.
- Consider teaming with the math department to create an interdisciplinary lesson
- Have individuals draft their own letters as means of assessment at the end of the project
- Requires a collection of resources to research local energy practices such as electricity bills and information from city hall
- Includes ideas for extension and differentiation
- Provides a student handout to help plan and organize the week-long project