This Represent Bonding with Lewis Dot Diagrams lesson plan also includes:
Lewis dot diagrams, Lewis dot structures, and electron dot diagrams are all the same thing. Young scientists learn how to draw Lewis dot diagrams and come to understand how dots and dashes represent valence electrons and ionic or covalent bonding.
- Place learners in groups, model how to draw Lewis dot structures, and then walk around to help those who need it
- Lesson is simple without any hands-on component
- Activity is short and may take less than one class period depending upon the level of the learners
- Last in a series of six activities
- Provides activity sheet and key