This Representing Half of a Rectangle assessment also includes:
Did you know one half of a rectangle be represented in more than one way? Young mathematicians choose the rectangles that represents one half with an instructive instructional activity.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use the task to introduce benchmark fractions, specifically one half
- Extend by having class members represent one half of a rectangle in more ways, such as diagonally
- Assumes learners are familiar with what half means
- Allows learners to see one half of a rectangle represented in two different ways
- Comes with teacher commentary and solutions