This Representing Inequalities Graphically lesson plan also includes:
A new, improved version of the game Battleship? Learners graph linear inequalities on the coordinate plane, then participate in a game where they have to guess coordinate points based on the solution to a system of linear inequalities in two variables.
- Use the resource as a review activity
- Learners need to be able to graph inequalities in two variables on the coordinate plane
- Be sure to have extra graph paper available during the activity portion of the lesson
- Includes reproducible worksheets and game boards
- Provides suggestions on how to address common misconceptions
- The way the shading is shown in the teacher guide for the game is the opposite of the process used to shade solutions; suggest not using the sheet with learners as it will likely confuse them