This Representing Probabilities: Medical Testing lesson plan also includes:
Test probability concepts with an activity that asks pupils to first complete a task investigating false positive in medical testing and then to evaluate sample responses to the same task.
9 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use the lesson as an exploratory activity
- Note that the resource can also be used to assess S-MD.7, given the standard's inclusion of medical testing
- Be mindful of any medical issues pupils may have (resource references a "deadly disease")
- Includes link to interactive applet
- Teacher resource has hint sheet to provide to struggling learners