A uterus grows to more than 500 times its original size over the course of a pregnancy. The 43rd video in a series of 47 focuses on pregnancy and embryo development. The narrator begins with fertilization, discussing cell divisions that eventually form a fetus. He then focuses on the mother and her anatomical and hormonal changes that take place leading up to labor; he finishes by discussing labor through birth.
- Write the steps of fetus formation on separate cards; hand groups the set and have them put the cards in order
- Video best fits a higher level biology or anatomy class
- Pause video when colored pop-up boxes appear, as they contain other related, interesting information
- Click on auto-translate to view closed captioning in a number of different languages
- This is an engaging topic for high schoolers