This Resistance Ranking Tasks interactive also includes:
Resistance is not futile ... it is voltage divided by current. Scholars apply their knowledge to a series of ranking puzzles. First, they consider wires of varying lengths and then wires of varying cross-sectional areas. Finally, they consider sets of wires that vary by both length and area to finish the lesson that is part of a series on electric circuits.
- Use a resistance tester in class to better understand these concepts
- Interactive scales to fit any size screen
- Relies on prior knowledge of the relationship between resistance, wire length, and wire cross section
- Designed to meet TIPERs standards (Tasks Inspired by Physics Education Research)
- Links to related readings, Internet modules, labs, and more