This Resistor Simulation interactive also includes:
Many scholars struggle to picture electrons traveling in a circuit but understand water going through a pipe. The simulation compares circuits to water pipes. It walks pupils through four levels of questions, allowing them to switch between the circuitry view and the water pipe view.
- Build simple circuits with resistors in both series and parallel
- Test circuits both with and without a resistor to understand the difference
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Gives students multiple chances when they answer the question incorrectly
- Does not progress unless the user gives the correct answer